What's new in version 4.03?
A list of maintenance release changes for minor version
numbers can be found on the beta site.
Version 4 of Ultimate Paintball continues to improve upon
the Activeworlds paintball tradition by introducing new features and resolving
old issues that have hampered play in the past. The primary focus of
version 4 was stability and ease of use. Thus, while there may be fewer
new features than in previous releases, version 4 should be much more stable
than past versions.
- Added the Universe Host and Universe Port
options to the Login Options dialog box. Used in conjunction with other
features, it is now possible to hold trans-universal network paintball
- Added the health feature. This feature
allows worlds that enable it to disable one-hit kills and increase the level
of strategy in the game.
- Added the healing orbs feature. Users can
use healing orbs to recharge their health after being injured.
- Added the "info" and "status"
verbal commands. These commands allow users to gain information
about the world in which they are playing and the player's current game state
- Added the "setkills" verbal
command. This command allows bosses to change the scores of players
during the game in response to cheating or to even the odds in skewed matches.
- Added the "change" verbal
command. This command allows team leaders to change the names of
their teams, if teams are enabled.
- Resolved an issue where grenades could become
"unresponsive" if grenades were collected while being added to the playing
- Resolved an issue where starting the application in the
root directory of a drive could cause a crash.
- Resolved an issue where the "/reject" command would not
function if the rejected player was not currently present.
- Resolved several issues with the skull cleanup
interface when more than one world was dropping skulls. Skulls should
now be properly dropped and should be able to be cleaned up completely using
- Added the ability to resize the
Login Options dialog box so that users
operating at 800 by 600 resolution or less can resize the dialog to their
Back to Menu